»

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Words Of Love

Have you ever been at a loss of words while you were 'in the moment'? Here is a romantic thesaurus of sorts to help you along : 

adore
To like or love very much.

inamorato
A male lover.

sugar baby
An affectionate term.

admire
To regard with pleasure, wonder, and approval. To have a high opinion of; esteem or respect. Example : I admire you.

cherish
To treat with affection and tenderness or to hold dear. Example : I cherish our time together.

treasure
To keep or regard as precious. One considered especially precious or valuable. Example :You are my treasure.

worship
To regard with ardent or adoring esteem or devotion. Example : I worship you.

hold dear
To hold with fondness and affection. Example : I hold you dear to my heart.

like
To find pleasant or attractive. To enjoy being with. Example :I like spending my time with you.

long for
To desire greatly or for a long period of time. Example : I long for you every night.

idolize
To regard with blind admiration or devotion. Example : I idolize you.

fancy
Amorous or romantic attachment; love. Example : I fancy you.

flip over
To go nuts for. To be infatuated with. Example : I've flipped over you.

affection
A feeling or emotion of love or happiness. A tender feeling toward another. Fondness. Example : I may not be as affectionate as I should, but know that I love you.

amour
A great love affair, generally a secret or illicit affair.

appreciate
To value or admire greatly. Example : I appreciate everything you do for me.

crush
The object of your desire. To like a person intensely. Example : I've got a crush on you.

devote
To give yourself fully to another person. Example : I have devoted myself to you for the rest of our lives.

emotion
A mental state of feeling such as love. Example : I am full of emotion.

enchant
To attract and delight. To cast a spell over. Example : You are enchanting.

enjoy
To receive pleasure or satisfaction. Example : I enjoy being with you.

fond
Having a strong liking, inclination, or affection. Example : I am quite fond of you.

infatuation
A crush. An object of extravagant, short-lived passion. Example : She is infatuated with that actor.

lust
Intense or unrestrained sexual craving. Example : I lust for you.

passion
A powerful emotion, such as love or joy. A strong sexual desire such as lust. Example : Our relationship is full of passion.

rapture
An expression of ecstatic feeling.

hots for
To desire. Example : I have the hots for you.

yearning
To have a strong desire for. Example : I yearn for you.

zeal
A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).

fairy tale
A fictitious and fanciful story that usually ends with everyone living 'happily ever after'. Example : Our love is like a fairy tale.

love
A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance. Example : I love you.

provocative
To provoke, excite, or stimulate. Example : She is exciting and provacative.

loveable
Easily loved. Example : You're so loveable.

court
To try to gain the love or affections of, especially to seek to marry. Example : He courted me for a year before proposing.

spark
An attraction. A feeling of potential. Example : When we first met, there was an undeniable spark.

true love
One's beloved or sweetheart. Example : You are my one true love.

amore
Italian for love.

puppy love
A crush or new romance between young people.


ROMANCE/RELATIONSHIP

affair
A romantic or sexual relationship between two people. Example : Our relationship is a great love affair.

courtship
Dating. The act of a man seeking affection from a woman, usually resulting in marriage. Example : Our courtship was intense and full of passion.

fling
An affair or short relationship. Example : Our relationship started with a brief fling.

flirtation
Playful behavior intended to arouse sexual interest. Example : She's such a flirt.

romance
A love affair. An attachment or involvement between two people.

hanky-panky
Illicit sexual activity. Example : Let's have some hanky-panky.

love story
A story dealing with love. Example : Our relationship is a true love story.

intrigue
A clandestine love affair. To arrouse curiousity. Example : I am intrigued by you.

fantasy
A fictitious, exciting, creative idea. Example : You came from my fantasy.

excitement
To arouse strong feeling in. Example : You excite me.

exotic
Exciting, different. From another part of the world. Example : She's intriguing and exoitc.

rendezvous
A meeting at a prearranged time and place. Example :Let's have a mid-afternoon rendezvous. 


EMBRACE

caress
A gentle touch or gesture. Example : I caressed her sweet face.

embrace
To clasp or hold close with the arms, usually as an expression of affection. Such as a hug. Example : It was an embrace that I didn't want to end.

draw close
To pull in or closer. Example : I drew her close, then lightly brushed her lips.

feel
To touch; emotion. Example : I felt her body close to mine.

fondle
To handle, stroke, or caress lovingly. Example : He fondled her as they kissed.

hold
To keep close with arms around the person. Example : I'll always hold you close to my heart.

hug
An embrace. Example : I give him a hug and a kiss when we say hello and goodbye.

kiss
To touch lightly or gently on the lips. Example : A gentle kiss says 'I love you'.

lick
An erotic movement of the tongue. Example : He's sensuous with a lick and a suckle.

tender
Soft, vulnerable, delicate. Example : His tender kisses are soft and sensuous.

make love
To engage in sexual intercourse. Example :We made love next to the open window, by the light of the full moon.

woo
To date or court a woman. Example : He brought me flowers and chocolates when he was trying to woo me.

stroke
To rub lightly or caress. Example : He gently stroked her hair as they kissed.
 

0 comments: